Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

The Zoo

On a day when my husband could use a day to himself at home I put together a picnic and made the boys go with me to the zoo.

We had a great time. I told them to be prepared to smile, because I needed some new pictures for my wall (and for presents). There was no arguing.

It was a lovely 95 degrees, and the zoo was all but empty, so it was super fun to roam around by ourselves. I kept wondering if maybe they were really closed.  Occasionally we saw people, but there were a LOT more animals than people at this zoo.


Yes, there are mountain lions (or cougars, or pumas) in Kansas, and I was very close to it. You can see my head shadow.


The boys do not even look annoyed at the delay (me taking another picture).


I have a couple of creative kids. He was playing leap frog with the frog.


And taming the wild toad/frog.


And letting the youngster have a go with my camera. He can only become a photographer if I let him take pictures.


Brothers getting along above and below.



This goat had a different smile. It almost looked human. Can you see it? Look below.





It was a great day at the zoo.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...