Because we are all about the games in First Grade.
I'm calling this game--Five Awesome Happenings from the Week Ending on January 30, 2015.
Later I will link up with Kacey @ Doodle Bugs Teaching.
1. My student teacher (Miss Scheuerman) started fulltime on Monday. She is turning out to be a fantastic addition to our room. She is helpful. Thoughtful. Full of joy and enthusiasm. Eager to learn. Eager to teach.
I think I will keep her for the rest of the year, and if I can--I want her back again next year (not because she would not be ready, but because she is wonderful).
2. Wednesday was National "Have Fun at Work Day." I took it to heart! I wore some new shoes and made many people smile with my witty comments and playful attitude.
3. Thursday was "No shoes necessary in our classroom" and "Eat lunch in the classroom" day.
4. Thursday was also "Kansas Day." We frosted "sunflower" cupcakes while sitting in a circle. As I was taking a video of the circle, the kids spontaneously started to sing. They sang a song learned in Music class--maybe you know it... Home on the Range. Melted my heart and filled it up all in 52 seconds. I sent the video to the Music teacher, she loved it also.
I'm pretending that this sing-along happened because we were on the floor, in a circle, being a community of 22. We've been a class for a long time. But now, we are more than that. I LOVE it. Every single day.
5. My husband knows a person, who works for a place that has nail aprons. Nothing fancy, but sure is handy for holding all of my important supplies during the day (phone, pens, beads [for giving for following directions and doing the right thing], sticky notes, confiscated toys, keys, school id--you get the picture). Well, I needed one for Miss Scheuerman. She wore hers today.
So happy that it is Friday. That I have already eaten, and that I can soon take my evening nap, because, tomorrow I will be back to planning and preparing for ANOTHER great week.