Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

Five for Friday (January 23, 2015)

Yay for time and energy and photos to post to my favorite Friday party. :)





We split up the K-1 students into 4, 4-H groups. Today we rotated groups in order to complete the Power Panther Pals curriculum. Mrs. Jones taught the "Play Hard" part. I taught the "Eat Smart" part. One other teacher made the snack with the kids, and the last teacher taught 4-H pig curriculum.



We celebrated a birthday, and I love this letter.



Mrs. Roux tried to teach me the difference between straw and hay. (I really know, but played along with her.)



Jenny (in the foreground) is back. She spent December and January back at her first home (she had a gig in a Living Nativity). 

And we were gifted another calf (background) today. She is pretty, not quite as tame, and will get named soon.



And the most meaningful photo. Mrs. Jones and Mrs. Roux in the barn. Taking care of business. I stayed outside. There was a dead mouse in there and Mrs. Jones tried to keep the information from me, so that I would not be freaked out and still go in the barn, but I heard her whisper the news to another. 

So, since there was a critter, I would not go in. Not sure they noticed me.

Now I'm creeped out again about going in the barn. 

I have a strict "don't ask, don't tell" policy about mice in the barn. But someone told. Aaaaaccckkkk.

Once, when Mrs. Roux was in the barn, standing, talking, watching kids work--a mouse fell from the rafters. RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER.

Now you understand. I am not going in. EVER AGAIN.

I have chores in March and need a really good friend to do them for me. Any takers?

Thanks Kacey @ Doodle Bugs Teaching for the party. I love it every week. Hop on over and find out what other friends of mine did today...

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I found you through the 5 for Friday linky......lovely blog! That birthday letter is so cute!

    Janice
    www.prekpartner.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mice I can handle. Snakes...not so much. I must confess that I do NOT know the difference between straw and hay. I'd have to look it up. Unless, of course, you want to do a blog post about it! :)
    Have a great weekend.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would not Ike the mice part one little bit! I love reading about your room - the new furniture and arrangement. That is such a brave step! I love how it's working out. Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy, I don't know if I'd make it in your town! LOL =D Fun post, Alyce. Thanks for sharing! ;)
    Literacy Loving Gals

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...