Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Am I Doing It Wrong?

I have been asking myself this question a lot these last 6 days.

This is why...
1. I have left school by 4 (or 4:30 when I had a staff meeting) all week long.
2. I'm not falling asleep at 6:30 each night.
3. I do not feel panicked about school.

Sure, there is more that I could do.

Sure, I'm tired, but I can still watch some tv and talk to my family after supper.

Sure, I think about school a lot.

But, I'm not wearing "freak out" pants this year. I feel calm on the inside, which is a good thing. 

And as I left today, I saw my student. We smiled, we waved, I said "see you tomorrow" and kept walking. Three seconds later I heard the sweet voice (and I knew who the voice belonged to!!!) "bye Mrs. Bartel." So wonderful. We have been together for a mere 7 half days and I already feel like I know the kids (just a tiny bit about the academics, but so much more).

I think this is going to be my Best Year Yet!
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post!! How nice it is to be enjoying your students, the teaching, and the learning. I think that is probably what it is all about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are off to a wonderful year! :)

    Sue
    The Very Busy Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to the panick feel. There is a knot in my chest everyday as a drive to work. As I pray through it and be proactive in being the best teacher I can be and kind to co-workers. It disipates. I still though always have this feeling of impending doom like I am doing something wrong or missing something important the district requires. Now I know what you and others went through in the past.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...