Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Sun Comes Out

Not really...it rained ALL day. Two inside recesses.

But, the "sun" shone on me today.

1. Before school even started 5 girls came to me and asked if they could sing a song for me. You know, one we've been singing with the guitar, and "reading" out of our songbook. They started "Twinkle, Twinkle" and I grabbed my phone! Gotta get a picture. It was lovely!



2. Eagle Eye came to visit. My kiddos (some of them) are having trouble remembering to read ALL the letters in a word. So I pulled out a beanie baby and taught. Thanks Julie @ First Grade Critter Cafe! Eagle Eye now sits on a shelf, watching us. Reminding us.

Later in the day, as I was reading aloud from My Father's Dragon, I goofed on a word. Little friend gasped and said, Eagle Eye is not pleased with you! I fixed my mistake and then friend said, now Eagle Eye is happy, you read it by the letters.



I'm bushed. And now I can go to bed smiling, because after 14 days I see promise. The promise of great things to come.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Eagle Eye would not be p[leased with me either, I make mistake all the time when I'm reading. haha So Cute!
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...