Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

My Schedule

Do you like seeing what is going on in other classrooms?

I certainly do. That is why I love blog reading so much. I see lesson plans. Ideas. Meet friends. Get inspired.

I have been amazed at how daily schedules are so different. Depends on your state, district, building.

Some lucky teachers have loads of teaching time. Others serve breakfast in their classrooms.

Susan from 


has created an opportunity to share our schedules. I'm sharing mine.



Everyday is a bit different. Yet each day begins the same.

7:50-8:00     Pick up students from the gym. Unpack and get ready for the day.
8-8:05          School announcements and Pledge of Allegiance
8:05-8:25     Homeroom (cross-grade groups meet with ALL teachers in the building, one room does the chores and the rest exercise--walk outside when nice, dance in the gym if rainy or snowy)
8:25-8:45     Morning meeting: go over jobs, schedule, sing and then read aloud a story.
8:45-10:15   ELA block (SSR--my aide and I meet with some groups to work on reading strategies and sight words; Working with Words; and Guided Reading) My district has implemented a Four-Block framework so that is my guideline in planning this block.
10:15-10:30   Recess
10:30-11:05   Writing (M, TU, F), School Counselor time in the room (W), Computer lab (TH)
11:10-11:50   Lunch and Recess
12-12:30       Brain Building time (Intervention groups)
12:30-1:30    Math
1:30-2:00     Wrap-Up (read aloud a chapter book, finish up, birthday parties, etc)
2-3               Specials (this varies by day, the students go to Science, Library, PE, Music for 30 minutes)
3-3:10          Pack-up
3:10             Dismissal

My kids also have Art (with a real art teacher) on Tuesdays from 12:30-1:15.

The two times in my day that I have an aide are during the SSR and Brain Building times. I like that because we can meet with groups (and the groups change frequently, depending on the skill and need of the students).

Hop on over to Thank God It's First Grade to look through other schedules. That is where I'm headed!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...