Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Wednesday Wow

Thanks to my friend at Curious Firsties for providing me an opportunity to share some good stuff.

CuriousFirsties

I've been dragging my feet lately, but over the weekend I began to write a social studies unit. I decided to use a STEM format. The more I got into it, the more excited I got.

What a relief.

But come Tuesday morning when I was going to start it, I got nervous. 

It's not good enough. The kids will not like it. It doesn't cover enough standards. On and on.

The wow part is this: it went pretty good. And the kids came up with their own questions. So, it looks like I will be trying more units that follow this structure.

Hop on over to Curious Firsties to read more and celebrate, or link up your own Wow on the Wednesday Wow linky parrty.



Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. That is so great Alyce!! I need to look into the Stem format. I don't know enough about it.
    Thanks for linking up! Reading these posts makes me smile.
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your lesson went well - that always feels good, doesn't it.
    Hope everything is going good for you as we count tpdown the days for Thanksgiving!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I marvel at the things that kids are able to do even when you don't expect them to! I have to look at STEM a little closer. So much to learn!!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea for a successful lesson! I feel like I must be behind, I have never heard of STEM. I guess like everyone else, I'll have to check it out!
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...