Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Proud Teacher Moment

Today I am a very proud teacher.

It's weird to say that. Because I was raised to not brag, and when I say that I am proud, I feel like I may be bragging.

Maybe today I am bragging.

My student teacher has been practicing her craft a lot this week in preparation for next week when she will teach EVERYTHING. And she is growing so much. 

As a motivator.

As a classroom manager.

As an advocate for the students.

Today she had the class all by herself because I was at a meeting and our school was short staffed.

Her report at the end of the day:
"It was a pretty good day! I beat the kids at the score board...But not bad!"

So, why am I proud? Because she has watched and learned and can teach 7 hours of lessons to first graders and come out smiling!

At least, I think she was smiling.

Usually I tell my husband and friends about the great thing that one of the first graders did.

Today the student I want to talk about is a college senior who is getting ready to graduate and find a classroom of her own.

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. That's not bragging. That's being a good mentor. You should respect the hard work she's put in. She needed you and, my guess is, you needed her too. That's a good relationship. Sounds like an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that is bragging...that is student teaching working like it is supposed to work. :) Great job, Teacher!!!
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great moment!! Thanks for sharing.
    em

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...