So many thoughts and feelings accompany the end of a school year.
1. What a neat group of kids that I got to watch transform from kindergartners into almost second graders.
2. Did I teach enough curriculum?
3. Did I love them enough?
4. Will they be ok this summer?
But the end has come and I must put those thoughts away. I must now believe that I did all that I could with what I had and that it was enough.
What I will remember:
1. Hugs from a friend that gave them when I most needed them.
2. The spark of "ahah" when a friend finally got how to read.
3. Sand pies, pizzas and cakes at recess. Made lovingly for me. I savored each one.
Memories of today...