Pages

Sunday, July 9, 2017

Questions

I'm a naturally curious person.

Some days my family answers my questions willingly, and some days they do not. They tolerate my curiosity, but when I get that look or frustrated sound, I know it is time to put my questions away.

How does your trumpet work?

What is 32 times 2 plus 18 plus 14?

Why did Wonder Woman do that?

What was the Pacific Ocean like? Who were you with? How cold was it?

I'm not trying to annoy anyone, just looking for answers to questions that pop into my head. I don't really remember my students asking many questions. (Let's hope it's because I'm too far away from school and I can't remember any more.) 

5 year olds should be asking LOTS of questions. 

What can I do to promote questions in my classroom?

How can I structure lessons so that kids are asking more questions?

How will I support the students in finding the answers to their questions?

It seems to me that the more questions I ask, the more questions I have...

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Your last line, so true.
    My friend Jamie I think is good at questions with her firsties. She uses this Notice and Wonder strategy in Math. Look her up on Twitter @jamiedunc3 :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...