I tried, I really did.
I got out my Mosaic of Thought book, my fancy pens and flashy notebook. Opened to chapter 6 and got ready to read about inferring.
After 2 pages I could tell that I wasn't feeling it. I was reading the words, but didn't care about them. I highlighted a few sentences, but only because I thought I should.
So, I have made a grown up decision. I am putting this book away for a while. I learned some great concepts and made some personal discoveries. But right now I cannot do this book justice.
I'm sure I will come back to it. My buddy got her book in the mail and is eager to read it. Perhaps talking about it with her will get me back in the spirit.
What will I do now?
1. Make a list of pinterest inspired ideas and get my craft on.
2. Write lesson plans for the first 20 days of school (I have two days complete so far).
3. Vacation at the end of the month to the state of my birth (Indiana).
4. Hot dog roast with my cousins that I don't see very often.
5. Watch HGTV and Bizarre Foods (I saw Andrew Zimmern in MN last Friday, he is fascinating).
It sure feels good to give myself permission to not finish a book and not feel guilty about it.