Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Five for Friday (January 10, 2014 edition)

Helloooooo Friday night! So glad to be seeing you again!!

I wish I could say that I have a lazy weekend planned, but I do not. I wish I could say that I will have as much time as I want to get prepared for next week, but I do not. 

But what I do have I will be joyful with and thankful for.

Time to blab about some randomness.


Hop on over to Doodle Bugs Teaching and  read what randomness my friends are sharing. After you read mine, of course.

1. Today was "send report cards home" day. I wasn't stressed, because I worked really hard in December and had them all assessed, recorded, and entered. They got printed on Monday and stuffed then. All I had to do today was make sure the correct child got the correct envelope. 

The morning message was a silly extension of it. But it was a learning opportunity in every case.


2. I surprised my kids with a game of Mind Soccer. It is a Whole Brain Teaching game. Boys Versus Girls. (Notice the appropriate use of the word versus.) They were tied at 2 each. I may have asked some questions that were not exactly easy to answer, like "What is Mr. Bartel's favorite color?" It was fun to watch them squirm, but it was all in good fun, and they were so sad when we had to stop for lunch.

One of the best parts was they had to answer the question with a complete sentence, if not, they were incorrect and the other team got to steal.

Know what? These first graders, every, single, one, can answer a question with a complete sentence. :)


3. We (the staff) got cake for lunch. A wonderful lady is leaving our school, after many years of assisting teachers and students. We (the staff) celebrated her by eating cake. The students were a BIT sad to not have cake as well.


4. In math we are learning about measuring. Today we began to measure with centimeter cubes. I love how this math leads the kids to the next thing gradually, but surely, and they are "getting" it. Like having to line up the endpoints!!!!!


5. My son had basketball practice this evening. He wanted me to stay and watch. The gym was cold. There were no chairs. I was tired. But I did it. I watched him be a leader.


Thanks for stopping by! I hope you get to have a lazy weekend!
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I love the game. I will have to try that one.
    Enjoy your weekend!

    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading your five. I especially like/love the part about staying to watch your son, how cool is that? I love it that when I am tired and cranky and just don't want to, I do that thing that parents are "supposed" to do and then I am not as cranky as I used to be because my bucket is full and running over with love and pride for my child. Have a lovely, even if busy, weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for staying for your kid. :) I am sure that will be something he remembers you doing when he is older. I love Whole Brain Teaching but have not heard of mind soccer. I love that idea and will definitely be looking into it! Thanks!
    Jean
    Diving Into 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of Mind Soccer, but I am going to check it out. Our school is all about having the students speak in complete sentences. Cherish the days that your son wants you to stay and watch his practice. That is so sweet that he wanted you to stay and watch.
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...