Helloooooo Friday night! So glad to be seeing you again!!
I wish I could say that I have a lazy weekend planned, but I do not. I wish I could say that I will have as much time as I want to get prepared for next week, but I do not.
But what I do have I will be joyful with and thankful for.
Time to blab about some randomness.
Hop on over to Doodle Bugs Teaching and read what randomness my friends are sharing. After you read mine, of course.
1. Today was "send report cards home" day. I wasn't stressed, because I worked really hard in December and had them all assessed, recorded, and entered. They got printed on Monday and stuffed then. All I had to do today was make sure the correct child got the correct envelope.
The morning message was a silly extension of it. But it was a learning opportunity in every case.
2. I surprised my kids with a game of Mind Soccer. It is a Whole Brain Teaching game. Boys Versus Girls. (Notice the appropriate use of the word versus.) They were tied at 2 each. I may have asked some questions that were not exactly easy to answer, like "What is Mr. Bartel's favorite color?" It was fun to watch them squirm, but it was all in good fun, and they were so sad when we had to stop for lunch.
One of the best parts was they had to answer the question with a complete sentence, if not, they were incorrect and the other team got to steal.
Know what? These first graders, every, single, one, can answer a question with a complete sentence. :)
3. We (the staff) got cake for lunch. A wonderful lady is leaving our school, after many years of assisting teachers and students. We (the staff) celebrated her by eating cake. The students were a BIT sad to not have cake as well.
4. In math we are learning about measuring. Today we began to measure with centimeter cubes. I love how this math leads the kids to the next thing gradually, but surely, and they are "getting" it. Like having to line up the endpoints!!!!!
5. My son had basketball practice this evening. He wanted me to stay and watch. The gym was cold. There were no chairs. I was tired. But I did it. I watched him be a leader.
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you get to have a lazy weekend!