Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

It's Wednesday!!!

Where has the week gone?

It has been cold here, but not cold enough to call off (or delay) school. We have been back 3 days now. 

To be honest, over the weekend I got first day jitters. It had been 2 full weeks since I tried to teach a room full of 6 and 7 year-olds.

Could I still do it? Would we all like each other at the end of the day? Would we have fun? Would we learn anything?

I'm telling ya-I was nervous to go in on Monday.

But it went well. My kids seemed to not regress, but rather progress over the break. 

Lists are lovely. If it is a to do list, I get to cross items off. If it is a wish list, I get to add as much as I want.

Today I want to make a list of some wonderful WOWs.

1. We went outside for recess after lunch. This is a big deal! Snow is not a given in my neck of the woods, and we have some right now. The kids put on their chore boots and out we went. Such delighted squeals have never been heard.


2. We've been measuring in math. I know quiet does not mean working, but today it did. Each kid got a piece of yarn the length of their foot. Their task was to find 3 items longer and 3 items shorter than their foot in the classroom. Then we did some comparison writing. Joy. The kids need me so much, and when they don't I feel obsolete. But today, as I stood and watched, I felt content rather than obsolete. Instead of putting out fires, I was watching the fire grow and spark. More joy.

Guess two is all I have in me tonight. Thanks Em at Curious Firsties for keeping this weekly linky up and going. 

What make you go "WOW" today?

Remember, head over to Curious Firsties to link up or read more.


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Aw, I love your Wows! I have some as well this week but I am holding on to them for Five for Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think feeling obsolete is the sign of a great teacher! I hope to feel obsolete every day! :) We had a little bit of snow on the ground when I took the kids for recess. I had to keep them out of it, I had kids who only had a hoodie and it was very cold.
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. They progressed over break!!! That is the most exciting thing! Oh my! Yesterday was our first day back and I was nervous but so happy to get back into the swing of things. There is just something about routine that makes me so happy!
    Thanks for linking up. I love it!
    em

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...