Well folks, summer is well under way here at my place. I have completed one whole week of choosing what time to wake up, how much water to drink, when to read/watch movies and when to use the restroom.
Since I can go whenever I want, I don't need to go as often. What kind of weirdness is that?
On to the important topic of the day...
Hosted by the fabulous Kacey @ Doodle Bugs Teaching.
1. This was yesterday, but it was important.
My school buddies and I had ELA basal training. We are getting the series Wonders by McGraw-Hill (and I am tickled pink) and got our first look at it yesterday. The presenter had us make a foldable (kinda different) to write our notes in (bottom photo). Of course, Mrs. Jones and I whipped out our pen bags and our colorful pens and took the required notes. I color coordinated the notes (which drove Mrs. Roux crazy) which made me happy.
2. One of the best things about choosing my schedule (in the summer) is that most days I get to listen to my boys practice the piano. They both dislike taking lessons, but being the good mom that I am, I force them to go, to practice and don't listen to much complaining.
I snuck a picture of this guy playing his new piece, The Blue Danube.
3. My new teacher planner came today!
The box and tissue paper are so pretty!
And so is my lovely, new teacher planner. Next week Mrs. Jones and I will get busy adding to it. :)
4. I've been hankering for a good black bean salad.
I found this one from Rachael Ray here. I made a double batch, had 2 big bowls for lunch and another bowl for supper. It didn't take much to make, so maybe I could make this for lunches next school year. Until I am sick to death of it anyway.
5. It's just me and this guy tonight.
So we got these...
Happy weekend friends. For those of you on summer break--enjoy! For those of you with days left--God speed to the end!!