Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The Hug

The Hug. The one that knocks you off balance.

Have you gotten one before? 

Today I got one. I wasn't expecting it. But I received it and returned it.

What a special little first grader (who is ready for second grade, even if she doesn't know it).

I think she knows that tomorrow is our last day in our current roles.

Me--her teacher, she-- my student. And we are both trying to let the other know how much we mean to each other.

She has been hanging around a lot at recess and homeroom. She has been holding my hand more.

I don't know how many days we have had school this year, or how many hours that translates to, but it is a lot. When I spend that much time with someone a bond forms. This one is STRONG.

Like a Force. A Force that will connect us for many years.

Tomorrow we will share more hugs, smiles, and moments. I hope to savor each one. Then send her on to her next adventure.

Without being sad that our time together is done.

But with much gratitude that I could know her and anticipation to see what her path looks like.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...