Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

August Currently!

Yay for summer! Lounging, reading, surfing (internet, no waves near me in Kansas!), sleeping. I certainly don't know what I'm going to do when I have to start setting an alarm for 5:15 am again!

But I am super excited to get back to school. I feel like I have a handle on the grade and am looking forward to being a step or two ahead this year, instead of ALWAYS playing catch up.

August 1 means time for a Currently party. The lovely Farley has created a wonderful party and I love participating. I met one of my best blog buddies through Currently last November, so I am usually eager to get my currently on and meet some new friends.



Not too much to explain. I got a guitar this summer and am working daily to play clean chords and some EASY songs. I love singing with my students, and this will definitely help me.

Last week I got some Flair pens, and then found out about Frixion pens. Looks like another trip to Office Max. 

You can read what more of the blogging world is up to by heading to 


If you link up, remember Farley's rule of 3. Leave comments on the 2 links ahead and 1 behind your link. It makes us feel good to not be left out of the blog comment love.

Happy August and Back to School!
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Alyce! I found you on the Currently Linky Party. I haven't heard of Frixion pens. I will have to look for them and see what they are like. I also do NOT look forward to getting up with an alarm.
    ~Christy
    Mrs. Holder’s First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a positive attitude when school starts. It will definitely make the start of school easier.
    Mechele
    Barrow's Hodgepodge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness---what a CUTE blog. I chuckled when I saw the pictures, you see I am originally from Indiana and that is sooooooo Indiana style, cows, pigs, sheep ect... Wow, I miss that some days--I now live in Florida--city life.

    I hope you have a great year and I (and many more) will feel the pain of the alarm clock very soon.

    Debbie
    Flip Flop & Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not think about the importance of comfortable shoes. But oh yes, that is a must have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to be able to play the guitar for the kids-how fun! :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alyce,
    You never told me you were a born Rock Star!!!
    How fabulous!
    Can't wait to hear you play sometime!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...