Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Teacher Quality and Preparedness

Words that strike fear into many teachers:

It doesn't matter how many students you have, what matters is your quality teaching.

So you will have 24 (give or take a few) first graders this year.

And your evaluation will be impacted by their scores on standardized tests.

But how? And with what? And who will support me when I have questions? And how am I going to organize it?

Lucky for me it is time to rack up some college hours so that I can renew my teaching license, and I found a class that is answering some of those questions.

Yesterday and today we poured over the research. We were taught using good teaching practices (do as I do--YES!). And I came home with some great ideas (and books to read).

Next weekend we will dive into 6 instructional tools that will magically transform me into a Quality Teacher who is Very Prepared.

Stay tuned...
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds interesting! Cant wait to read more. You have to take college classes to renew your licence, we don't have to do that in Oklahoma as long as we are still teaching. Do you have to pay for your classes? That's why you had the pic on Instagram from Friends University? I don't know if you saw it, but I had a good friend that graduated from there.
    Kelly

    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...