Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Sunday Letters

Tis the Season (or day) for letter writing!!


Dear Coffee Friend,
I had such a great time with you yesterday. It is so good to talk for 2 1/2 hours and be understood. About families, parenting, school, jobs, and everything else! When are we meeting next?
Love,
A Grateful Heart


Dear Daily Schedule,
Get ready. I'm in the mood to change. Again. But do not worry--the time frames will be the same, however, in order to meet the needs of this class, we must be flexible and allow for us to play and learn. I'm thinking--shorter periods of direct instruction and a bit more time for practicing and applying the new learning. We will need to be creative so that the standards are taught (and learned) and remember that the students are 6 and 7 years old and can "listen" for 7-10 minutes at a time. I know that You (the schedule) are important. And I know that You know that we are doing this (educating) for the students. So, let's get together, brainstorm and figure this out! Thanks for understanding.
Sincerely,
A Reflective Teacher

Do you have a letter to write? You can join Michelle @ Big Time Literacy and add your letter, or read other Sunday Letters. 

Have a great day!
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, it seems the schedule continually needs tweaked. I can get really wrapped up in my direct teaching taking time away from practice time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A long coffee chat sounds fabulous! I hope your new schedule works out well- we teachers are always tweaking things and I love that you have put a lot of thought into it. Happy Holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that coffee time is so important! I'm sure it's just what you needed yesterday. Pretty soon we'll have much more time for that over break!
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Alyce, long time no talk! I hope you tame that schedule (again)!

    Ventaneando: A Window Into First Grade Bilingüe

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...