Aren't you tired of hearing about my summer PD?
It's all I write about...
1. In June I attended a 2-day PBL training with Aaron from BIE (Buck Institute of Education). It was good, but I may need a refresher before school starts--that was a LONG time ago.
2. All the first grade teachers from my district (11 of us, maybe?) gathered and planned, mapped out and did some stuff with math for a day. (Also a long time ago.)
3. A college course to get credits for relicensure. I took a course called "The Dehumanization of Students in Education" from a somewhat local university. I enjoyed the class, and I am glad to report that my teaching buddies and school do not have a problem with this.
4. Book studies. I started with none, and ending up with 3. # One is finished (Teaching with Intention). I was following with Mr. Greg, but I just couldn't stop reading. # Two starts in August -- Reading Strategies, it looked great all over Instagram. And then this morning I opened it for the first time and I'm a little nervous! 300 strategies, oh my. Hopefully Literacy Loving Gals can help me with this. # Three is "The Book Whisperer." I started it, then put it down to concentrate on Teaching with Intention. I'll get back to it in a week or so.
4. Bloggy Buddies/Teaching Fanatics Meet ups. There have been several, and several more are scheduled. The meetings, whether small or big, really fill up my heart with ideas, encouragement and love. All of which are important for me for a great beginning (and the whole) school year.
What do you do to recharge your teaching juices? Share them if you can, because I'm always looking for more ideas! :)
Wonder what Michelle and our buddies have cooking this summer...