Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Compassion

I have worked hard this year to create a School Family in my classroom.

We all have jobs. We encourage each other. We support each other in times of sadness and in times of happiness. We make birthday cards for each other and cards when someone is absent.

I have seen it happen with my prompting and have noticed after they do it on their own.

Last week our computer lab teacher lost her mother after a long year of illness. Today was the funeral. Before I left for the funeral, I talked with my students about condolence cards. Then we each made one.

This afternoon while our social worker was in the room I had time to read through what my students wrote. I almost cried.


(I am sorry for what you love is loss)



(God will take care of her... and you)



(Dear Mrs. Voth I hope you get better soon. I am thinking about you and your loss)

These students are amazing. They have amazing parents. I am so blessed to be their teacher.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...