Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Daily 5, Chapter 6

Work on Writing and Word Work






These were 2 areas that didn't get much instruction from me last year. I sort of fizzled out following "the plan" from the sisters. But with Pinterest and lovely blogs that I follow I have more ideas than I know what to do with. Not to mention a fully stocked first grade classroom (unlike last year, I walked into a blank room).

What I want to remember or do...
1. After work on writing is introduced, keep notebook and a pencil in book box
2. Find a purpose for writing--make  sure students know what their purpose is
3. Decide on what words to use for word work (I don't think we have a set spelling list), could be our Phonics Dance, maybe sight words, perhaps ag or science/social studies words, or maybe a combo

Those are my thoughts. I am eager to get this ball rolling. By that I mean, get to school, get walls and bulletin boards ready, make lesson plans, and arrange the desks.

I am linking up with the wonderful Deb from Fabulously First who is hosting this chapter. Hop on over to read  her thoughts and see who else has linked up.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...