Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Lazy Summer is Over

Yes, that's right. Summer is over. I know the exact time that it happened. Today at 12:55 pm.

That is when six teachers came to school to work. Three are first year teachers and the other three are their mentors (they had spent the last 2 1/2 days in new teacher orientation). There were already four of us working, but when you double that, and add in nervous anticipation of the unknown, the temperature definitely changed in the building.

Lots of us have been in working during the summer. But, it's always felt slow and calm. This afternoon was walking fast, talking fast, making quick decisions, and making lists (so that tomorrow they can be crossed off).

I was able to find a picture schedule. Yay! It was free on TpT, you can check it out here. There are so many choices! I made two sets. One for me and one for the other first grade teacher. I also laminated them.


And tonight I cut them all out.

Here's the good news. I am so much more relaxed this August 9 than I was last August 9. Hallelujah! What a difference a year makes.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...