Time to show some love. Love for the week that has been. I am linking up with Kacey @ Doodle Bugs Teaching for her week-end party.
Here are five random things from this week...Happy Friday!
1. The wonderful Mr. Flaming (from the county extension office) came and spoke to my class today about sheep. General information about sheep care and fun sheep facts. One little friend was shocked that Lily is 2 years and 3 months old and about to give birth. He could barely wrap his head around that.
Yesterday we created a document about what we knew about sheep and what questions we had. I sent it to Mr. Flaming, so he could know what we wanted to learn, and today I added to it as he shared with us.
We ended our time together by visiting the sheep. It was 20 degrees outside, so we did not stay long.
2. I felt so much love from my coworkers this week that I did not know what to do with it all. So I cried a bit and then passed the love on to my firsties and my family.
3. My firsties loved the new paper and envelopes I showed them this week. Letters were passed around the class, and to me. This is a picture of only part of what I received this week. Some have writing, some have pictures. All are filled with love.
3.5. One of my little boys was gone today. His face partner asked if he could write him a letter. During an unplanned extra recess. You betcha! Last year that was part of the absent student helper's job (to write a "we missed you note"). Not this year. So, it was exciting to me that he thought of this on his own, wrote it, put it in an envelope, and then put it in his mailbox to be read upon return to school. How sweet!
4. Today my school hosted another tour. A charter bus pulled in about 9:00, the people in suits asked a lot of questions and saw a bit of the school before heading out again at 10:10. The bus was filled with state senators and representatives. We were a-buzz with cleaning and prepping yesterday! Our PTO put out a wonderful snack table (which was hardly touched) and let the school workers eat the rest. Thanks PTO!
5. Our 100th day of school was yesterday. I may be the only first grade teacher in the entire nation that did not make a huge deal of it. I/we did not dress up. There were no fun centers or rotations. We had no fancy snack (they were happy to eat the graham cracker that I gave them). At the last minute I grabbed some freebies from TpT, ran copies and called it "good." The kids didn't ask and I didn't make a big deal out of it. I do feel like a bit of a wimp for not doing more, but oh, well. I'm already over the guilt of not doing more. There is always next year. But I feel like I have set a bit of a precedent--no big deal for 100th day with Mrs. Bartel. I do love doing the place value pictures that I got from Teach with Laughter on TpT.
Now that you've read my randomness, you could head on over to Doodle Bugs Teaching to read more randomness.