Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Art or Craft?

I have not really enjoyed art in my life. I felt like I couldn't do it right. As I get older, and with influence from amazing artists/friends I am taking some risks and trying new things.


Here is what I did this week.






This was a boring composition notebook that I have been collecting ideas in ever since I found out I was going to first grade in August. I love this notebook--the inside. But the outside was boring. Ideas from blogs are in it. My three book study notes are in it. My bucket list is in it. And many other things for first grade.


Sometimes I open it and read through the pages for fun.


(The very wonderful tabs at the top were created with painters tape.)


Yesterday I added scrapbook paper, stickers and contact paper. Now I love the outside as well as the inside.


I also created this.






Farley from Oh Boy 4th Grade showed this project on her blog. I fell in love as well. It was super helpful that she gave written and picture directions. Perhaps I will make a whole bunch this summer and save for Christmas presents. I know it won't go in a museum, but it makes me happy and I will enjoy having it in my classroom next year.


Is it art or craft? Does it matter if it is an expression of me at the moment?
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...