Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Classrrom Tour in Pictures

I love looking in other teacher's classrooms. I get so many ideas, which is why I always carry paper and a pen with me, and why I love reading blogs so much.

Last Tuesday I was in a different building for a meeting and couldn't focus on the meeting for a while, because I was busy looking around and taking notes.

You have been waiting long enough. Here are some recent pictures of our class. (Picture caption is under the picture.)


Standing at the doorway looking right.


Standing at the doorway looking left.


Now pictures from the center of the room.


 Looking back toward the door. This is a reading nook, my laptop that is hooked to the SmartBoard, and the very outdated Elmo (the Elmo in my room last year was brand new, this is brand old).


Swinging to the right just past the SmartBoard is some CAFE information, our daily schedule, missing student pizza pan, School Family jobs and a chair for me to sit in to read or teach while they are sitting with me.



On to the other side: small group table, my mini-teacher desk with my computer, loads of professional books, a word wall, and just out of the picture are 3 bookcases filled with math and LA manipulatives, curtesy of the retiring teacher (thanks again Mrs. Brunk).


The other corner, more books, another table to work at, cupboards filled with math and LA resources that don't get left out, our friends and family board (children are allowed/encouraged to bring in a picture of their special family so we can get to know them as well), the mountain goat head that comes with the room, mailboxes and just off the picture is the sink/water fountain and then the classroom door.

Now we are back to the beginning.

I am linking up with some bloggers who are hosting picture linky parties. Yeah, go check them out, There are some fascinating rooms to look at. remember your paper and pen!

Courtney from Swimming Into Second is having a party.


Teaching Blog Addict is also having a party.


And 


Open House Week

is having a linky.

So head on over, spend some time enjoying the views that you will see. I know how I am spending my Saturday (after soccer, before the birthday party). 
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I love your room! It is so organized and fun and BIG. :) Mine is very tiny, especially for Kinders.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...