Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Hide and Seek

Just another lazy afternoon. I was sitting on the couch thinking about doing some exercise. Thinking is as good as doing it right? I could even feel my muscles contracting.

Then out of the blue an idea popped into my head.

Where are the iPods (that are property of school) that I loaded some audio books onto yesterday?

Did they accidentally get put into a bag that was taken and delivered to the local second hand store?

Or, perhaps, if I was lucky did they make it to my classroom when I dropped off my new play kitchen today?

I could not be sure where those iPods were. So I made a plan. Breathe. Only tiny breaths, because the big ones wouldn't come.

Run to my vehicle, drive the speed limit to my school (13 miles away), and continue to make a plan.

More tiny breaths. If the iPods weren't at school, call the manager of the store and tell her my story. Try not to cry. I did not mean to give them away, please can I have them back. If she says no, I will have to buy 2 iPods for school and tell my principal that I lost the ones that I had. (Not a conversation I ever want to have.)

Almost to school now. Breathing is a bit easier. How I managed to walk into school and unlock every door that need unlocking I still do not know.

Walk closer to my desk, I see the bag. The one with the spider rings. Oh no, what bag were the iPods in? Look inside the bag, there are 2 iPods in it! Hallelujah! Big breaths coming easy now.

The drive home was much more relaxed.

To celebrate my sons and I will watch Pirates of the Caribbean, Curse of the Black Pearl.

Now I can spend the rest of my weekend planning for a spidery good week.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...