Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pumpkin Writing

Today was a much better day. I remembered to have our class meeting at the beginning (that is where we talk about jobs, practice being calm in the face of uncalmness, and sprinkle the class with something--today was helpfulness), and that made such a big difference. Didn't use the cranky cream. Didn't even think about it.

Yesterday we needed an activity. Quick. Lucky for me I remembered an idea I saw from Buntings, Books and Bainbridge. A fun Pumpkin craft. We all made one yesterday.


Then today we wrote about it.

*****Side note...Years ago (ok, maybe not that long ago), when I was at home all day with my young children I was thrilled when naptime worked out just so and I could watch tv or a movie (it certainly did not happen every day). One movie that I watched too often was How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. I feel like the editor woman. Whenever something happens in class I think (and sometimes even say out loud) now let's write about it. I like to say it using her voice.*****

Like I said, today we wrote about our pumpkin. I did the model thing: what to do if I don't know how to spell the word, capitals, punctuation, more than one (two and three) sentence(s).

I was impressed with some, and not impressed with others. Here are two examples. I did not pick the best or the worst. Just two off the top.

My pumpkin has wings. It is a vampire. It has sharp teeth. It has evil eyes. It has bloody teeth.

I am at the pumpkin patch.

Vampire pumpkins seem to be a theme. I saw that more than twice. Can more than twice be a theme?


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...