Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Paper and Planning

Like I've said before, my students are wanting to write, but I have not supplies them with wonderful paper (or any paper at all). What to do?

My wonderful husband has this "copy center" at his job. He said that he could get me some paper.

Look what we brought home today...


Tall stacks of small notebooks. We will make at least 30 hand-sized notebooks out of this. Each child will get one, and I am going to keep a supply to have at my reading table for when I have the kids write sight words or words that we are studying. (I cannot wait to get that "The McCrackens" spelling book!)

Planning. I spent a lovely afternoon perusing blogs. I love when my friends post their ideas/lesson plans. It inspires me so much. 

Today I found Mrs. Wills Kindergarten, and her poetry station unit. LOVE it. What I loved most is that it taught me how to use poems more. The kids have a poetry notebook, but I have been way under-using it. Now I have some ideas of how to bump up the learning using poetry. 

So, what is a great afternoon? A walk outside with my husband and more ideas written into my awesome composition notebook that has all of my thoughts/ideas/wonderings/book study information since last May. I think tonight for my before bed reading, I may have to reread my notebook.

Rereading is good for fluency, right?

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. OHMYWORD! I am envious at your paper stacks! Have I told you about my building's "rationing" of paper? We get ONE box of white paper....a quarter! Do you know what that does to me? Grrrrr.
    Your hubby is so nice!
    Still looking at that paper.....just wishing....
    hehehe!!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Lucky you. My spelling notebooks were freebies, too. We were at a big media awards dinner and they had these notebooks on all the tables. At the end of the night tons of people left theirs behind, so guess who scooped them up? I hope you enjoy the McCracken book!

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...