Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

I'm Stranded, Now What?

Yep. I'm about to be stranded on a desserted island. What three things should I take along?

School is gearing up to wind down. Right now being stranded on a desserted island sounds pretty good. I'm kinda overstimulated at the moment.

This is what I want to have with me:

1: My iPad (obviously the island is a wi-fi hotspot, and has an endless supply of electricity). Now I can stay as connected as I want. Blog. Read books on the Kindle app. Facebook. Email. Surf my favorite buddies blog's. Write plans and notes in Evernote.

2: A cooler with plenty of drinks. I know they should be water, but, maybe some Dr. Pepper and wine every once in a while would be nice.

3: Burt's Bees Lip Balm. My lips just feel empty without any. This will be especially important since I will have lots of liquids to drink.

I'm not really going to be stranded. Just doing the "Get Acquainted" party with


Flying into First Grade


Mrs. Reed says this party is about getting to know other teachers and bloggers and it really is great. I love reading them.



I was being sort of silly with my responses, but truthfully, this was way hard for me. My son and husband have been reading some books by Gary Paulsen. They started with Hatchet, and have read 3 more (going on 4 more). I have overhead some of it. I can see it happening. But I hope it never does. In one of the books, Brian goes back to the woods and plans what he will take. So I know that if I ever do get stranded my list will be different. Three things. How will I ever choose?

P.S. What happened to my Google Reader?
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE Hatchet! And so do my students :) I have several boys who are working their way through the sequels. Crazy cool adventure story...

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a hard time choosing only 3 too! Two of yours are the same choices as mine- iPad and something for the lips. :)
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knew we were all so obsessed with Chapstick? Ha! I'll share my water if you share your wine.
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alyce,
    I am LOVING everyone's responses! Your's included!
    Wait until you read mine.
    I am terrible.
    HUGS!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...