Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Good Things

The lovely Jennifer at Rowdy in First Grade thinks (and I agree) that it has been a while since we did this linky and it is time for another go-round.


A Good Thing From School:
My firsties are really getting adding three numbers. Even figuring out a problem like this... 9 + 8 + ? = 20. It has been a focus for the last week and they are GETTING it! Love when ideas fall into place. And, they all want to sit at my table and read for me. Like--do a running record. Crazy. But perhaps they are showing off what fantastic readers they are becoming!

A Good Thing From Home:
Tonight I got to have a hot dog roast. With my husbands family. At the home place. In the yard where I said my marriage vows. Tomorrow my in-laws are signing the papers that give ownership to another family. Someone we do not know. So, tonight was a blessing on so many different levels. Being together. Remembering other times. Creating more memories.

My life is full and rewarding. 

(And there are 19 days until summer vacation! Time to get started on my 2013 Summer Bucket List.)

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Aw. the hot dog roast soumds so bittersweet. Your children sound perfect and ideal! I love it when children want to share what they are learning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw. the hot dog roast soumds so bittersweet. Your children sound perfect and ideal! I love it when children want to share what they are learning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 19 days until holidays?!! Oh my goodness. I'm so jealous:)
    Congrats to your firsties! I'm very impressed.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...