Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Kings and Queens

This week I have been struck by song lyrics.

I've heard the song many times, but mostly it is on in the background of whatever I am doing. Today I really heard the lyrics.

Especially the chorus.

Boys become kings, girls will be queens
Wrapped in Your majesty
When we love, when we love the least of these
Then they will be brave and free
Shout Your name in victory
When we love, when we love the least of these
When we love the least of these

That is me in my classroom. Loving the children that will grow up to be kings and queens.

And while I am called to be a teacher (in the academic sense), I am also called to love.

Thank you Audio Adrenaline for sharing a catchy tune with meaningful words. To remind me that my day is not all about curriculum.

My day has to be about love. Love in all kinds of weather. Good days, bad days. Flowing lessons and interruptions. 

These past three weeks have been amazing weeks at school. Each time I send out love, love comes back to me triple fold. Yes, amazing. As our love for each other grows, our bond gets stronger and our school family grows tighter.

What a wonderful feeling to be a part of something so wonderful.

In case you don't know the song, you can watch it on on youtube.


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that song! What a wonderful reminder of what each day is really about, Alyse.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...