Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Spring Break

Last fall I told my husband I wanted to take our kids to Disney World. So, he made that happen. Our Christmas present to the boys was that trip. 

Eight days ago we finally opened that present. We flew to Orlando, Florida.


I went to Disney World twice before. When I was 14 with my family and when I was 16 with my friend and her family. That's a long time ago!

My biggest shock--the palm trees are real. I guess I knew that, but somehow, all week I kept looking at the palm trees and wondered, are they real? I guess they are. And these are the trees from Palm Sunday.   Wow.

We explored Epcot.




And Universal's Islands of Adventure.



 I didn't go on the roller coasters, but this was the favorite of the week.
 I do not know these super heros, but their rides were awesome.

Then I got tired of carrying the camera, so, no pictures from Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom. 

I think the rest were unimpressed with "It's a Small World" and "The Jungle Cruise" rides. So was I, but those are what I remember from my previous trips and wanted to ride them again. So sad that the line for Peter Pan was long, I didn't get to ride it.

Our last park day started at Universal Studios. A fun ride was E.T. (the first movie I remember my mom taking me to), and then a funny adventure.

We were trying to get to Men in Black and got stuck in the "Kids Zone." Seriously, the map was wrong--it did not show the construction--and I could not get us out. Barney, Woody Woodpecker and teeny tiny toilets.

I got a picture on my phone with a great star...


Later that same day we crossed over to Islands of Adventures and revisited some favorites.

Our last full day in Florida was finally a relaxing day. We slept in, swam, sat by the pool.

And went to a NBA game. Orlando Magic versus Oklahoma City Thunder. I am so glad my family had fun. High-fiving some players (they were excited about it), and being loud. 



Yesterday we flew back to Kansas. And drove home in a snow storm. I waited until we got to our house, but I did the snow day dance. Looks like that luck is over.

Now it is time to look over my lesson plans and get my head back in the game. I have been totally not thinking about school for 8 days. I'm not sure the last time that happened.

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I have only had a 5 day break (today being day 5) and I did not succeed in not thinking about school. But I did relax. Looks like a wonderful time! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for leaving one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...